History of the RSC
In 1980, The Chemical Society; The Society for Analytical Chemistry; The Royal Institute of Chemistry and The Faraday Society became The Royal Society of Chemistry.
Armorial bearings have been granted to the Society under Letters Patent issued by the College of Arms.
Past members of the RSC (and CS) who have won the Nobel Prize for Chemistry.
Since 1857, Burlington House has been the dignified home of the Royal Society of Chemistry (originally called The Chemical Society) and five other societies of comparable age and s...
The badge worn by the President was inherited from the Royal Institute of Chemistry and modified to carry the name of The Royal Society Chemistry.
Presidents of the RSC and its precursors from 1841 to date.