Exciting ways to become involved in your community
Whatever stage of your career there are many ways you can become involved in the chemistry community that is the RSC.
MyRSC is a professional, online community, hosted by the RSC for chemical scientists across the globe to:
- Connect with fellow scientists across the globe
- Join specialist groups
- Find other members in your local area
- Share information about yourself and your research
- Receive information about careers opportunities
- Publish and search events using the online calendar
MyRSC is leading the way in providing an international networking hub for advancing the chemical scientists.
Our networks provide a great way for you to meet others in your local area with similar interests. Our current networks include:
- 35 Local Sections covering the UK and Ireland - responsible for organising a range of activities from school outreach to public lectures and social meetings
- International Sections and Representatives across the world - for those not based in the UK and Ireland
- RSC Partnership Programme - working with employers
- RSC Representatives - the main point of contact between the RSC and its members in the workplace
- Volunteer Visitor Network - working with the Benevolent Fund to support fellow members
There are 75 specialist Interest Groups that represent the breadth and depth of science of relevance to our members. Interest Groups organise conferences and events to share knowledge.
As a member there is a wealth of information, contacts and opportunities available to you. Don't forget that as a member you can join up to three interest groups at no additional cost.
Students and early stage career members
We also have a range of networks specifically aimed at those studying chemistry or who are in the early stages of their career.
- ChemNet - for 16-18 year olds
- Chemical Student Societies - at universities across the UK
- Younger Member's Network - for members at early stage career
Make the most of your membership! Join MyRSC and a network community that suits you. There are opportunities to become involved with the activities organised by these committees or to join the organising committee - take a look, take part and benefit from the services offered to you as a member of the RSC.
Get involved! Meet other members, discuss your specialist interests and develop your networking skills
Become a member of this highly interactive online community. You will be required to register but do not have to be a member of the RSC
External links will open in a new browser window
Contact and Further Information
Royal Society of Chemistry, Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WF
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 432197