CV and covering letter advice
To make it easier for us to give your application the best possible attention, we advise the following:
- Your letter should state clearly the post you are applying for.
- You should use the covering letter as an opportunity to address the details in the selection criteria, to give sufficient information to enable us to understand how well you meet our requirements.
- You should indicate whether you have a right to work in the UK.
- You should state the date you are available from.
- The letter should be no more than 1-2 pages in length.
- The CV should be tailored to the job you are applying for.
- It should be succinct - addressing key points about your career and working history; and be clearly laid out.
- It should ideally be no more than 3 pages in length.
Please ensure that you allow enough time for applications to reach us by the advertised closing date.
The information we need and the best way to send it
Contact and Further Information
Royal Society of Chemistry, Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WF
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 432697