Take your place in mapping out chemistry for tomorrow's world.
The RSC is the largest organisation in Europe for advancing the chemical sciences. We're trusted, influential advisors to governments and other policy makers within the UK, Europe and beyond. Every penny we make goes back into advancing the chemical sciences, over £250m in the last ten years.
We have an excellent opportunity for an inspirational leader to drive our science policy, events and activities working with internal teams, RSC member groups and external stakeholders. You will build upon and develop Chemistry for Tomorrow's World, our roadmap for the chemical sciences. Leading a team of highly motivated programme specialists, to implement a long-term strategy that maintains the RSC as the authoritative body and trusted partner for the provision of advice to government, industry and academia, drawing upon expertise within and outside the RSC.
Essential Skills and qualifications
- The role requires a broad and in-depth knowledge of scientific, educational, business, industry and related developments and trends in the chemical sciences and science.
- Highly customer focussed with excellent communication, influencing, and time management skills
Project management and strategy leadership experience.
- Experienced people manager, with strong leadership skills and evidence of driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Good IT and budgetary skills and abilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Chemical Science community.
Based in Cambridge, UK. Salary £52,866 - £58,762. Closing date 17 June 2013. Vacancy reference no. 13-84. Interviews will be held on 27 June 2013
Science Manager Job Description
Download the full Job Description
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader
How to apply
The information we need and the best way to send it
Please include the vacancy reference number (where possible) and attach your CV and covering letter/graduate application form