Developing Expertise in Practical Chemistry - for Newly and Recently Qualified Chemistry Teachers
Dates for 2013, tba, locations throughout the UK
This one day course is specifically aimed at supporting newly and recently qualified chemistry teachers of 11-18 year olds. Attendees will have the opportunity to improve their confidence and expertise in using a variety of practical activities to enhance teaching and learning in chemistry.
Participants will try out and evaluate a variety of practical activities and demonstrations. Relevant health and safety aspects will be introduced and then integrated throughout the course.
Dates and Venues
- Dates and courses for 2013, tba.
Fees for the course are £50 (no VAT) per attendee.
All attendees will receive at least £50 worth of RSC resources as a result of attending the course.
Participants will be able to:
- rehearse relevant and interesting practical experiments and demonstrations to help inspire and engage your students
- design, plan and implement interesting and effective practical work (including demonstrations) in chemistry teaching
- share ideas about how to use practical work to enhance and extend students' understanding of the subject and support the development of subject-specific skills:
- practical techniques
- scientific enquiry
- gain increased awareness of the range of available resources
This course is coordinated by the Royal Society of Chemistry in partnership with the Science Learning Centres and funded as part of the Reach and Teach educational programme supported by the Wolfson Foundation.
The Science Learning Centres are managing the registrations for these courses, please click through to their page and scroll to find the links
External links will open in a new browser window
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader