Chemistry and Art! Elementary Articles, 04 Mar 2014 It’s been a while since I last blogged, and with good reason! I have busy putting together the RSC’s...
The Chemistry Vignettes: a new resource on Learn Chemistry Elementary Articles, 21 Jan 2014 It is my pleasure to update Learn Chemistry with a new collection of Higher Education (HE) Resources, The Chemistry...
Education & Outreach Session @ the Younger Members Symposium 2014
Are you interested in: Sharing your passion for chemistry with a young and enthusiastic audience? Increasing your confidence and communication skills? Finding some good speakers to bring into your class-room? Making new contacts with chemists from across education, academia and industry? If the answer is "Yes!" - then the RSC Younger Members Symposium, which will be held at the University of Birmingham on the 24th of June, is THE event for you this summer. Bringing early-career chemists and chemistry enthusiasts together from across the disciplines and employment sectors, YMS2014 plans help those taking their first steps on the career path to make new contacts and explore different opportunities. One of our four parallel sessions will be dedicated to Chemistry Education & Outreach. If you would like to share the same stage as our distinguished invited speakers (Alice Roberts [University of Birmingham]; Sid Rodrigues [SoHo Skeptics] and Andy West [Pera Technology]) and share with us your exciting new education tool or outreach project, please register and submit an abstract for oral or poster presentation through our website. Registration costs just £15 for members and £20 for non-members (including free Affiliate membership for the calendar year). Looking forward to seeing you in Birmingham this summer!
- CHEMISTRY WORLD Global cutting-edge research, business news, and policy from Chemistry World magazine.
- EIC Content, tools, resources, and best practice for teachers of chemistry, from Education in Chemistry magazine.
- THE MOLE The Mole is the magazine for students, and anyone inspired to dig deeper into chemistry.
- PERIODIC TABLE A chemistry education begins with our Visual Elements Periodic Table. Now with history, alchemy, video, podcast, and trend sections.
- THIS DAY IN CHEMISTRY What happened today in chemistry? Explore 366 days in chemistry history with the RSC's chemistry calendar.
- WIKI The area of Learn Chemistry produced by its users, for its users. Add your own information and resources to our wiki.