Elsevier ScienceDirect & Reaxys
Members can request a password to gain access to 5 current journals from Elsevier ScienceDirect:
- Analytica Chimica Acta
- Journal of Chromatography A
- Journal of Chromatography B
- Tetrahedron Letters
As well as 304 e-books and 104 journal backfiles (up to 1994).
Reaxys' content covers chemical reactions, chemical properties and substance data, which have been collected from quality journals, books and patents. This information has been repackaged into easy-to-read and relevant actions, such as experimental procedures which include a chemical structure, citation and property, preparation or fact. You can use Reaxys to find reactions by searching for a substance's name to find its structure, and then you can alter the structure or search for similar ones. It is even possible to filter results by yield percentage and solvent.
Reaxys has now been available to all RSC members for a number of weeks, and hopefully you have had a chance to sign up. We would like to know if you would be interested in having any training to use Reaxys. We are scoping out what sort of level of training might be of interest to our members so we can put some options in place. We would be really grateful if you could let us know, by emailing us, indicating which of the list below could be of use to you. We would be grateful for any feedback as we might not be able to meet everyone's preference, but will take all comments into consideration. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in contacting the library.
Live Webinars; Access to Recorded Webinars; Live Training course (London); Live Training course (Cambridge); Interest in a Live Training course elsewhere (please specify) or Nothing required
Please remember that passwords expire at the end of December each year and must be renewed. When e-mailing the library, please state that you wish to renew (as opposed to requesting access for the first time).
How to gain access
- E-mail the Library requesting access to ScienceDirect/Reaxys and stating your membership number.
- Receive an acknowledgement e-mail from the Library.
- Receive an e-mail from ScienceDirect containing your registration ID, password and registration instructions. Please note that the e-mail will not mention Reaxys but it will work with both services.
- Visit the ScienceDirect registration page and enter your registration details to create a new user profile.
- Use your username and password from the new profile to begin using ScienceDirect/Reaxys.
- Read and understand the ScienceDirect terms and conditions.
Reaxys Terms and Conditions
ScienceDirect Journal Backfile List
List of the 104 journal titles accessible in the ScienceDirect backfile.
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader
Elsevier ScienceDirect Homepage
ScienceDirect Terms and Conditions
External links will open in a new browser window
Contact and Further Information
Library and Information Centre
Royal Society of Chemistry, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London W1J 0BA
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7440 3373