Members can request a password to gain access to 5 current journals:
- Analytica Chimica Acta
- Journal of Chromatography A
- Journal of Chromatography B
- Tetrahedron Letters
304 e-books and 104 journal backfiles (up to 1994).
Please remember that passwords expire at the end of December each year and must be renewed. When e-mailing the library, please state that you wish to renew (as opposed to requesting access for the first time).
How to gain access
- E-mail the Library requesting access to ScienceDirect and stating your membership number.
- Receive an acknowledgement e-mail from the Library.
- Receive an e-mail from ScienceDirect containing your registration ID, password and registration instructions.
- Visit the ScienceDirect registration page and enter your registration details to create a new user profile.
- Use your username and password from the new profile to begin using ScienceDirect.
- Read and understand the ScienceDirect terms and conditions.
ScienceDirect Journal Backfile List
List of the 104 journal titles accessible in the ScienceDirect backfile.
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader
Elsevier ScienceDirect Homepage
ScienceDirect Terms and Conditions
External links will open in a new browser window
Contact and Further Information
Library and Information Centre
Royal Society of Chemistry, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London W1J 0BA
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7440 3373