Process Technology Group
The Process Technology Group (PTG) is one of the RSC's many Interest Groups. The Interest Groups are member driven groups which exist to benefit RSC members, and the wider chemical science community, in line with the RSC's strategy and charter.
- Identify and share important scientific advances in the application of the chemical sciences with RSC members
- Implement best practice within the profession
- Help to develop the skills and capabilities of RSC members throughout their careers as they study or work in the Process Industries
We define Process Technology to be the application of the chemical sciences and engineering to the design, development and support of production, process, quality and technical systems in industry.
Process Technology encompasses:
- All aspects of the manufacture of raw materials, chemicals, foods, pharmaceuticals and other formulated products and their intermediates from new product research though to quality control
- Chemical treatments during the manufacture of components and finished goods
- The treatment and handling of materials and wastes within the utilities and manufacturing sectors
- The implementation of regulatory, environmental and human safety standards
Organise scientific meetings, technical visits and workshops
- Disseminate best practice and advanced applications in chemical technology and manufacturing industry
- Provide a focal point within the RSC for Control, Process, and Chemical Engineers
CommunityWe also have an online community, which is based on MyRSC, for anyone who shares our interests.
Get InvolvedWe are always looking for new members who are keen to get involved and to help organise our activities. If you would like to find out more please contact the Secretary.
Join this Interest Group
If you are a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry and would like to join an Interest Group, please contact Membership Department using the email link below with:
- your name
- your membership number
- state the name of the group you wish to join
Annual Report 2017
Download the full report
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader
Contact and Further Information
Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WF
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 432 141