Variety in Chemistry Education (ViCE) and the Physics Higher Education Conference (PHEC)
The Variety in Chemistry Education (ViCE) and Physics Higher Education Conference (PHEC) meetings have for many years been the principal conferences in Chemistry and Physics education at tertiary level in the UK. They provide opportunities to present curriculum developments and research investigations and to share best practices within the discipline. After many successful years being organised and run by the HEA UK Physical Sciences Centre.
This combined conference offers an opportunity for the exchange of ideas and sharing of practice in relation to learning and teaching in chemistry and physics in higher education. ViCE/PHEC will also provide a forum for the dissemination of research into pedagogy and innovative learning.
These meetings are friendly and informal, and are very accessible for people just starting out in educational development and research. If you haven't done this sort of thing before, or are just curious, why not come along and see what is happening. People are always happy to share their experiences and discuss ideas.
Bursaries for ViCEPHEC18
The RSC Tertiary Education Group has a limited number of bursaries available to support attendance of RSC members to the Variety in Chemistry Education and Physics Higher Education Conference (ViCEPHEC) between 23rd and 24th August 2018 at the University of Sheffield.
To qualify for a bursary, you must be an early stage academic/member of teaching staff or postgraduate/undergraduate student attending the conference for the first time. Please pass this email on to anyone you know who may be interested.
Please note the following conditions:
- Completed application forms (see related links section at the bottom of this page) must be submitted by email to Dylan Williams by 17:00 on Friday 6th July 2018.
- Applicants must be members of the RSC (affiliate/associate/member/fellow).
- The bursaries will cover the cost of conference registration only. Applicants cannot apply for travel costs.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have submitted abstracts for the conference.
- Applications will be judged by committee officers of the Tertiary Education Group.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email in advance of the event and are required to attend the Tertiary Education Group Annual General Meeting during the conference to receive associated expenses.
Venue and dates
Location: University of Sheffield
Conference dates: 23 - 24 August 2018
Conference website: see in related links section below
External links will open in a new browser window
Contact and Further Information
Dr Dylan Williams MRSC