Thermal Methods Group
The Thermal Methods Group (TMG) is one of the RSC's many Interest Groups. The Interest Groups are member driven groups which exist to benefit RSC members, and the wider chemical science community, in line with the RSC's strategy and charter.
- To promote awareness of all thermoanalytical, calorimetric and related techniques.
- To act as a focus for thermal analysis in the UK and contribute to the furtherance of thermoanalytical and calorimetric techniques worldwide, through the support of European and international organisations in the field
- To encourage younger scientists working in thermal analysis to present their work to a wider audience by making the TMG Award to provide expenses at major European (ESTAC) and international (ICTAC) meetings
- To promote the education of thermal analysts by holding regular seminars and workshops and by encouraging the exchange of information between the instrument manufacturers and users of thermal equipment.
- A regular programme of scientific meetings, training workshops and publications.
- To organise a regular programme of meetings on thermal analysis, calorimetry and related techniques.
- To publish TMG News to keep Group members in touch with the proceedings of recent meetings, details of future meetings and developments in instrumentation, as well as the fortunes of their fellow thermal analysts.
We also have an online community, which is based on MyRSC, for anyone who shares our interests.
We are always looking for new members who are keen to get involved and to help organise our activities. If you would like to find out more please contact the Secretary.
Join this Interest Group
If you are a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry and would like to join an Interest Group, please contact Membership Department using the email link below with:
- your name
- your membership number
- state the name of the group you wish to join
MyRSC Thermal Methods Group
You will be required to register for MyRSC, then you can sign up to become a member of this group
Thermal Methods Group
Find out more about the activities of the RSC Thermal Methods Group
External links will open in a new browser window
Contact and Further Information
Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WF
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 432 141