Regional Steering Groups
To promote communication and collaboration between all RSC networks there are now nine regional steering groups in the UK and Ireland and a tenth international steering group.
Each steering group will only meet once a year but will have ongoing discussions throughout the year on MyRSC.
Each of the nine UK regions will have a steering group made up of representatives from:
- Each of the Local Sections in the region
- The RSC Regional Coordinator (Education)
- The RSC Benevolent Fund Regional Coordinator
- An industrial RSC representative
- An academic RSC representative
- A young member representative
- Representatives from the Analytical and Education Division Regions where relevant
- A representative for all Interest Groups
The steering group Secretaries will be members of RSC staff who will facilitate the discussions and the Chair will be elected from the membership at the first meeting.
The nine Chairs of these regional steering groups will be joined by the Chair of the 10th steering group, which will represent international members.
These ten Chairs will form the newly established Member Networks Committee which will improve links across all regions and networks. The Member Networks Committee will report to the Membership and Qualifications Board.
The regional and international steering groups are now planning their initial meetings, more information will be available soon.
Contact and Further Information
Dr Fiona McMillan
Member Networks Team Leader
Royal Society of Chemistry, Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WF
Tel: + 44 (0) 1223 432269