Winners in Washington
26 August 2009
The RSC booth at the recent ACS Fall 2009 National Meeting & Exposition in Washington proved very popular with delegates.
Initial visitors were intrigued by the covered display wrapped in gold ribbon. On Monday 17th August, Professor David MacMillan, with the help of some scissors, revealed that he would be the Editor-in-Chief of a new journal: Chemical Science. Joining the RSC portfolio in mid-2010, and building on the successes of existing RSC flagship journals ChemComm and ChemSocRev, Chemical Science will publish findings of exceptional significance from across the chemical sciences.
David MacMillan reveals some exciting news at the RSC booth
To celebrate the launch announcement, delegates were invited to enter a prize draw. The winners of a netbook (Dr Ferri, from Mantova in Italy) and an iPod Touch (a delegate from Iowa, USA) were selected at random and will be sent their prize.
Visitors to the booth:
- learned of the 2010 launch of MedChemComm, a new monthly journal for the rapid communication of research in medicinal chemistry
- collected sample copies of RSC Journals
- heard the up-to-the-minute details on the newest journals
- browsed a variety of books offering special discounts
- discovered more about becoming a member, and about RSC activities worldwide
Next door, ChemSpider enjoyed a particularly successful ACS meeting, with the exhibition booth bursting at the seams. Delegates were keen to get a demo of the database and the feedback received was overwhelmingly positive. One delegate twittered afterwards 'ChemSpider is connecting to so many different online spaces that it blows my mind. A great resource.'
A free online source of structure-based chemical information
External links will open in a new browser window