Education Initiatives Fund
The Education Initiatives Fund is a source of small amounts of financial support for novel educational activities. These activities should:
- be aimed at school and college aged students
- contain appropriate chemical science content for the target age group
- be novel: in this context 'novel' should be interpreted as new to the geographical region.
Any applications must address RSC strategic objectives relating to Education:
- Ensuring an appropriate supply of people equipped to practise chemistry competently at all levels.
- Raising awareness and understanding of the role and value of the chemical sciences.
The fund cannot be used to support existing activities or for room hire, catering or the purchase of equipment for institutions which should properly be funded from other sources.
The funding year runs between 1st January to 31st December and applicants must apply in writing to the RSC Schools and Colleges Specialist at the address below by 31st October of the preceding year. Applicants should apply by email or by post using the application form provided.
Funding for projects under the EIF is limited and up to £1000.
The application must have the written support of the relevant Education Division, Region or Local Section of the RSC.
The criteria on which applications will be judges are:
- The extent of the applicability of the proposal to enhancing work in schools and colleges (Note: funding is NOT restricted to schools and colleges.
- The Clarity of the intended output and any performance indicators.
- The likelihood of delivery within the proposed timetable and within the funding requested.
- The novel nature of the project within the area.
The proposals are considered by:
- The Chairman of Education Division Council
- The Chairman of the Committee for Schools & Colleges
Decisions are normally made by 31 December.
Education Initiative Fund Application Form
This form contains the guidelines. Completed forms should be submitted to the Education Department
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader
Contact and Further Information
Royal Society of Chemistry, Thomas Graham House, Milton Road, Science Park, Cambridge CB4 0WF, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1223 432221
Fax: +44 (0)1223 423623