The President of the Royal Society of Chemistry, Professor Sir John Holman, wishes to recognise and celebrate inspirational chemistry teaching through the presentation of a special award.
This year we will give our President’s Award to a teacher or group of teachers. There’s a special emphasis on inspiring students from diverse backgrounds, and on encouraging them to continue their studies of chemistry or related subjects at the next stage of their education. This could be at A-level, Scottish Highers, Irish Leaving Certificate, at university, through apprenticeships or technical qualification routes.
Teachers from secondary schools or post-16 colleges in the UK and Ireland are eligible for this award.
Guidelines for nominators
- Nominations close on Wednesday 28 February
- Both RSC members and non-members can nominate for this Award
- Both teams and individuals can be nominated
- Nominees may NOT nominate themselves
- The award is open to nominees based in the UK and Republic of Ireland only
Please select what type of nomination you would like to make.