Who can apply?
The grant scheme is open to all (individuals and organisations). This includes, but is not limited to, members of the Royal Society of Chemistry, member-led groups, researchers in academia or industry, museums, community groups, not-for-profit organisations, arts groups and libraries.
Previous recipients of any of our grants are welcome to apply for funding. This can be scale-up a project that already exists or to fund the development of an original project.
Applicants should not resubmit an unsuccessful application unless invited to do so.
The proposed project must focus on diversity and inclusion – outreach projects with a small diversity component will not be considered.
If the activity is focused more broadly on outreach, it may be more appropriate to apply to our Outreach Fund. If your application is considered more suitable for the outreach fund we will contact you and seek your approval to refer your application
Applications relating to a range of audiences will be considered, including different age groups, career stages, geographical regions and sectors.
For further detail on our audiences for inclusion and diversity activities please see our inclusion and diversity strategy.
All applications should clearly show that the proposed project:
- is centred on increasing diversity and inclusion in the chemical sciences community;
- is relevant to our inclusion and diversity strategy;
- has a clearly defined target audience;
- has a clearly defined intended impact;
- is deliverable
- includes clear evaluation plans;
In addition, applicants should show that the requested funding will make a significant difference to their ability to deliver the project.
Restrictions on funding
Inclusion and Diversity grants will not be awarded to:
- outreach projects without a significant diversity component;
- projects whose primary aim is to generate a financial surplus;
- projects for which our support would not significantly enhance the activity;
- projects that are part of an education institution's usual programme of activities, including Open Days and Taster Days;
- cover the cost of general purpose hardware, apparatus or equipment;
- cover any employment costs of project staff that receive a salary from the applying organisation.
|Application deadline||Funding decision deadline|
|31 October 2016
||30 November 2016
|30 April 2017
||31 May 2017
|31 October 2017
||30 November 2017