We will build on the actions we have taken over the past few years with a five point plan:
- To launch a bullying and harassment helpline by summer 2019
- To launch Carers’ Grants in early 2019
- To launch annual recognition for chemistry departments that demonstrate significant progress in inclusion & diversity
- To facilitate an exchange programme of best practice between peers
- To launch a gender equality forum to accelerate culture change
What will you do differently?
Join us: the Royal Society of Chemistry is at its most impactful when the chemical sciences community is united behind our actions. We can lobby for change, demonstrate best practice and influence other organisations, but we need you as individuals to put this change into practice.
Act as a sponsor: sponsorship matters to women at all career stages and has a major contribution to progression and success. Support and sponsor women to succeed.
Nominate women scientists: prizes and awards have a positive impact on individuals’ careers and role models in the community. Nominations of women and by women are still too low.
Act as a role model: demand and expect flexibility. Be proud of your achievements, at work and at home. Request sponsorship and mentoring.