We have a series of online teacher CPD courses designed to develop subject knowledge and pedagogical content knowledge of key areas of chemistry. These courses are flexible – topics can be completed in an order most useful to you – and you can progress at your own pace.
- Core ideas: the key subject knowledge needed in order to teach a topic
- Exploring understanding: common misconceptions students may have, and how they can be addressed
- Developing understanding: looks at one misconception and how it can be addressed, including common questions and things to consider from a teacher’s point of view
- Checking understanding: multiple choice questions to ensure you are confident with the content covered so far
- Applying understanding: a series of articles, papers and blogs to contextualise the topic, plus other further reading
- Additional resources and activities: resources from Learn Chemistry to use with students
- Upon completion of the course you will be able to download and fill out a certificate for your professional development record.
All our online CPD courses have passed the Royal Society of Chemistry’s CPD training approval process.