What jobs can I do?
A chemistry qualification opens the door to a wide range of careers options, both in and out of the lab. There are endless interesting and rewarding science-based jobs available – these can be in research, outdoors or in other industries you might not have thought of. As a chemist you could:
- Fight disease by discovering new medicines.
- Protect the environment.
- Invent new products and materials, including cosmetics, paints, food and drink, plastics and much more.
- Solve crime using forensic analysis.
- Inspire others through teaching chemistry.
- Move into areas you had never even considered.
For more ideas check out these websites:
Faces of Chemistry - Faces of Chemistry is a collection of videos and resources about chemistry in real life and in different careers.
Science Career Video - Vega Science Trust Snapshots - A day in the life of a young scientist
Futuremorph - career opportunities from science and maths
National Careers Service -job information and resources for the UK
My World of Work - Scotland's careers information and advice web service
Careers Wales - the all age careers information and guidance service for Wales
Smart Futures - science and maths careers in the Republic of Ireland
Careersportal - careers website in the Republic of Ireland