1 Price & payment
1.1 The price of the product is set out on the RSC invoice.
The price is exclusive of all applicable taxes which shall be charged at the rate prevailing on the date of the invoice. Tax exemption certificates should be sent with orders prior to invoicing.
- Customers in the UK and Ireland will be charged VAT unless they can provide an exemption certificate.
- Customers in the rest of the European Economic Area will be charged VAT, ALV, BTW, FPA, IVA, MOMS, MWST, OB, UMST, and TVA (as appropriate) on their invoices, unless they can provide a current, valid VAT registration number.
- Business customers in India will be liable for payment of GST on their invoice amount directly to the Indian taxation authorities. The RSC is not liable for either the collection or remittance of Service Tax by business customers and all RSC invoices should be paid in full within the payment terms.
- Customers in Canada will be charged GST, HST or PST (as appropriate) on their invoices.
- Customers in Korea will be charged Korean VAT on their invoices.
- Customers in South Africa and/or customers purchasing through South African subscription agents will be charged South African VAT (as appropriate) on their invoices.
1.2 Payment is accepted by bank transfer, by cheque or by credit or debit card.
1.3 Payment by bank transfer should be made in Pounds Sterling or US Dollars to the bank account detailed on the invoice.
1.4 Cheques should be made payable to The Royal Society of Chemistry as follows:
- Pounds Sterling drawn on a UK bank;
- US Dollars drawn on either a US or a UK bank.
1.5 Payments by card are accepted on most credit and debit cards (except Diners Club and AMEX) up to £20,000.
Unless specified otherwise by RSC, dispatches made outside the UK are by Priority to continental Europe, and by Standard outside Continental Europe, excluding the USA. Dispatches to the USA are by Airfreight.
3 Access to online products
Access to online versions of the products is made by IP address. Separate Terms & Conditions are applicable for accessing the online versions.
3.1 For access to journals and online-only journals register your IPs by visiting www.rsc.org/ip. You will be asked to accept the Terms & Conditions before sending your request.
3.2 For access to the RSC eBook Collection and a licence agreement send your IP addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.3 Customers purchasing online content via a consortium or multisite arrangement will be required to sign an additional licence agreement.
4 Claims policy
4.1 damaged products must be made within seven (7) days of receipt of the product and photographic evidence provided;
4.2 missing issues of journals should be made no sooner than one (1) month after publication date and no later than four (4) months after publication or date of order (whichever is later).
5 Cancellation policy
5.1 An administration charge may be levied to cover some of the costs incurred when refunding duplicate orders/payments.
5.2 A cancellation charge of 5% of a subscription cost will be levied on journal subscriptions cancelled prior to publication of the first issue. There shall be no refunds after the subscription has commenced.
6 Data Protection Act
The RSC is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998. Your name and contact details may be included in RSC’s computerised mailing system in order for the RSC to keep you advised of new titles and products etc. If you do not wish to receive such information please write and inform RSC accordingly.
7 Warranties & liabilities
7.1 All warranties, conditions, and terms, whether relating to fitness of purpose, merchantability or condition or otherwise howsoever and whether implied by statute or common law or otherwise, are excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law.
7.2 RSC reserves the right, upon giving prior notice in writing to the customer, to withdraw or refuse to provide its services, if, in its reasonable opinion, it may be liable to criminal prosecution by doing or continuing to do so.
7.3 RSC shall not in any circumstances whatsoever or howsoever arising be liable for any indirect or consequential loss howsoever caused.
8 Title & risk
8.1 Title to the products shall remain with the RSC until the customer has paid the price and VAT, if applicable, in full and has taken delivery.
8.2 Risk in the products shall pass to the customer on despatch.
9 Force majeure
RSC shall not be responsible for any loss or damage or delivery delays or failure to supply the products or services arising from circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
10 Governing law & jurisdiction
The supply of products and services shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of England and the parties hereto hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Any difference arising between the parties shall be submitted to a mediation procedure in accordance with the Centre for Dispute Resolution (CEDR) Model Mediation Procedure. Should the mediation be unsuccessful, neither party is precluded from instigating legal proceedings under this Clause 10.