Help:How to add new spectra
From Learn Chemistry Wiki
The list of spectra in a substance page is retrieved dynamically from ChemSpider. If you have a spectrum which you would like to appear in a substance page in ChemSchool you must first deposit it in ChemSpider and then it will appear in this list.
What kind of spectrum file should I deposit?
The preferred format for spectra is JCAMP (.jdx or .dx) files - spectra submitted in this format can be displayed with extra functionality and the ability to zoom in on sections of interest etc. Where JCAMP files aren't available (e.g. for 2D NMR spectra), then PDF or image files (JPEG or PNG) can be uploaded.
How to deposit a spectrum in ChemSpider
- Make sure that you are viewing the substance page that corresponds to the spectrum which you want to upload.
- At the end of the line which shows links to spectra hosted within and linked to from ChemSpider, there is a link to "Add Spectra". Click on this link.
- You will be presented with a page to login to ChemSpider. If you do not already have a ChemSpider login and do not wish to create one, you can use the username "ChemSchoolDepositor" and password "ChemIstryIsFun!"
- You will be directed to a page where you can fill in details about the spectrum and upload it. Fill in all details that you can.
- Click on the Add button at the bottom of the page.
- It may take a few days before the spectrum appears in a ChemSpider compound page or a substance page here, while a curator will reviews and validates your spectrum and validate it.
See Uploading Spectra to ChemSpider for more details.