From Learn Chemistry Wiki
As with most forms of social software, please observe some basic rules:
- Be polite to other users. If you resort to insults or abuse, you will be banned. If you disagree with someone, don't keep arguing, ask a third party for their opinion.
- Assume good faith: Most people really are trying to do the right thing, they are generally not deliberately destroying your hard work!
- Please don't vandalise pages, it spoils this space for everyone. Remember that all edits are permanently recorded on a wiki, even when reverted quickly. A little bit of humor is OK, but please confine it to the talk pages.
- This is a public space. So please don't discuss intimate details of your personal life - here or on FaceBook. If you want to post your email address, please do not use the @ symbol, which can be picked up by spammers - write it as something like "walkerma, with potsdam.edu as the domain name".
- Don't use copyrighted material from other sites without permission. You may use freely anything that is public domain (such as from US govt. sites, and some Wikipedia content), and with attribution you can use anything with a GFDL or CC licence (such as most of Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons).
- Some content here is open, available for general use under the Creative Commons licence, but some content may be copyrighted by the Royal Society of Chemistry. When you submit content, you can specify the licence you wish to use.