From Learn Chemistry Wiki
- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: C5H8O
- Molar mass: 84.116
- CAS Registry Number: 110-87-2
- Appearance: 3,4-Dihydro-2H-pyran, 99%; 3,4-Dihydro-2H-pyran, 99%
- Melting point: -70
- Boiling point: 84 to 88
- Solubility: Not available
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: ChemSpider (IR), NMRShiftDB 13C NMR, Massbank MS (1, 2), also check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
Dihydropyran is a heterocyclic compound with the formula C5H8O. The six-membered, not aromatic, ring has five carbon atoms and one oxygen atom. It contains one double bond. There are two isomers of dihydropyran that differ by the location of the double bond. 3,4-Dihydro-2H-pyran has a double bond at position 5; 3,6-dihydro-2H-pyran has the double bond at position 4.
3,4-Dihydro-2H-pyran (IUPAC Name); 2,3-Dihydro-4H-pyran; 2,3-dihydropyran; 3,4-dihydropyran; 5,6-Dihydro-4h-pyran; Dihydro-2H-pyran; Dihydropyran; 2,3-Dihydro-pyran
Please add any relevant references here.