From Learn Chemistry Wiki
- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: C9H18O6
- Molar mass: 222.236
- CAS Registry Number: Not available
- Appearance: Not available
- Melting point: Not available
- Boiling point: Not available
- Solubility: Not available
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: Check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
Acetone peroxide (triacetone triperoxide, peroxyacetone, TATP, TCAP) is an organic peroxide and a primary high explosive. It takes the form of a white crystalline powder with a distinctive bleach-like odor.
It is susceptible to heat, friction and shock. The instability is greatly altered by impurities, including its own oligomers. It is not easily soluble in water. It is more stable and less sensitive when wet.
3,3,6,6,9,9-Hexamethyl-1,2,4,5,7,8-hexoxonane (IUPAC Name); Acetone peroxide trimer; peroxyacetone; TATP; TCAP; Triacetone triperoxide
Please add any relevant references here.