|The Learn Chemistry wiki is being shut down on September 1st 2017. Learn more|
From Learn Chemistry Wiki
- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: C16H12O3
- Molar mass: 252.265
- CAS Registry Number: 117-37-3
- Appearance: Not available
- Melting point: 156.5
- Boiling point: Not available
- Solubility: 79.8 mg/L in H2O
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: Check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
Anisindione (brand name Miradon) is a synthetic anticoagulant and an indanedione derivative. It prevents the formation of active procoagulation factors II, VII, IX, and X, as well as the anticoagulant proteins C and S, in the liver by inhibiting the vitamin K–mediated gamma-carboxylation of precursor proteins.
2-(4-Methoxyphenyl)-1H-indene-1,3(2H)-dione (IUPAC Name); 2-(4-methoxyphenyl)indane-1,3-dione
Please add any relevant references here.