From Learn Chemistry Wiki
- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: C14H10
- Molar mass: 178.229
- CAS Registry Number: 1719-06-8
- Appearance: Anthracene, 99%; Anthracene, 90+%; Anthracene, 97%; Anthracene, 99%; Anthracene, 90+%; Anthracene, 97%
- Melting point: 217 to 218 °C
- Boiling point: 340 to 342
- Solubility: Water, 0.0434 mg/L (24 deg C)
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: ChemSpider (IR), NMRShiftDB 13C NMR, Massbank MS (1, 2, 3, 4), also check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
Anthracene is a solid polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon consisting of three fused benzene rings. It is a component of coal tar. Anthracene is used in the production of the red dye alizarin and other dyes. Anthracene is colorless but exhibits a blue (400-500 nm peak) fluorescence under ultraviolet light.
Anthracene (IUPAC Name)
Please add any relevant references here.