From Learn Chemistry Wiki
- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: C12H8O4
- Molar mass: 216.190
- CAS Registry Number: 484-20-8
- Appearance: white to off-white crystalline solid
- Melting point: 188 to 193
- Boiling point: Not available
- Solubility: Not available
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: NMRShiftDB 13C NMR, Massbank MS, also check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
Bergapten (5-methoxypsoralen) is a psoralen (also known as furocoumarins) found in bergamot essential oil, in other citrus essential oils, and in grapefruit juice. It is the chemical in bergamot oil that causes phototoxicity. Bergapten-free bergamot essential oil or synthetics are now used in perfumery.
4-Methoxy-7H-furo[3,2-g]chromen-7-one (IUPAC Name); 5-Methoxypsoralen; Heraclin
Please add any relevant references here.