From Learn Chemistry Wiki
- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: C5H14N2
- Molar mass: 102.178
- CAS Registry Number: 462-94-2
- Appearance: 1,5-Diaminopentane, 98%; 1,5-Diaminopentane, 98%; colourless to light yellow liquid with a very unpleasant smell
- Melting point: 9
- Boiling point: 178 to 180 °C
- Solubility: Not available
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: ChemSpider (1H NMR (1, 2), 13C NMR (1, 2)), NMRShiftDB 13C NMR, Massbank MS (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14), also check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
Cadaverine is a foul-smelling compound produced by protein hydrolysis during putrefaction of animal tissue. Cadaverine is a toxic diamine with the formula NH2(CH2)5NH2, which is similar to putrescine. Cadaverine is also known by the names 1,5-pentanediamine and pentamethylenediamine.
1,5-Pentanediamine (IUPAC Name); pentane-1,5-diamine
Please add any relevant references here.