From Learn Chemistry Wiki
- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: CeO2
- Molar mass: 172.115
- CAS Registry Number: Not available
- Appearance: Not available
- Melting point: 2600
- Boiling point: Not available
- Solubility: Water, 1.07e+005 mg/L (21 deg C)
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: ChemSpider (IR), also check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
Cerium(IV) oxide, also known as ceric oxide, ceric dioxide, ceria, cerium oxide or cerium dioxide, is an oxide of the rare earth metal cerium. It is a pale yellow-white powder with the chemical formula CeO2. It is an important commercial product and an intermediate in the purification of the element from the ores. The distinctive property of this material is its reversible conversion to a nonstoichiometric oxide.
Dioxocerium (IUPAC Name); Dioxo-cerium
Please add any relevant references here.