|The Learn Chemistry wiki is being shut down on September 1st 2017. Learn more|
From Learn Chemistry Wiki
- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: C18H26ClN3
- Molar mass: 319.872
- CAS Registry Number: Not available
- Appearance: solid
- Melting point: 87 °C
- Boiling point: Not available
- Solubility: Not available
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: NMRShiftDB 13C NMR, Massbank MS (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14), also check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
Chloroquine is a medication used to prevent and to treat malaria in areas where malaria is known to be sensitive to its effects. Certain types of malaria, resistant strains, and complicated cases typically require different or additional medication. It is also occasionally used for amebiasis that is occurring outside of the intestines, rheumatoid arthritis, and lupus erythematosus. It is taken by mouth. It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, the most effective and safe medicines needed in a health system. It is available as a generic medication. In the United States it costs about 5.30 USD per dose.
N4-(7-chloro-4-quinolinyl)-n1,n1-diethyl-1,4-pentanediamine; 7-Chloro-4-(4-diethylamino-1-methylbutylamino)quinoline; N4-(7-Chloroquinolin-4-yl)-N1,N1-diethylpentane-1,4-diamine
Please add any relevant references here.