From Learn Chemistry Wiki
- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: C18H26ClN3
- Molar mass: 319.872
- CAS Registry Number: Not available
- Appearance: solid
- Melting point: 87 °C
- Boiling point: Not available
- Solubility: Not available
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: NMRShiftDB 13C NMR, Massbank MS (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14), also check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
Chloroquine is a medication mainly used to prevent and to treat malaria. This includes malaria due to Plasmodium vivax, Plasmodium malariae, Plasmodium ovale, and certain strains of Plasmodium falciparum. It may also be used for amebiasis that is occurring outside of the intestines.
It is a member of the antimalarial drug class called 4-aminoquinoline.
Chloroquine is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines.
N4-(7-chloro-4-quinolinyl)-n1,n1-diethyl-1,4-pentanediamine; 7-Chloro-4-(4-diethylamino-1-methylbutylamino)quinoline; N4-(7-Chloroquinolin-4-yl)-N1,N1-diethylpentane-1,4-diamine
Please add any relevant references here.