From Learn Chemistry Wiki
- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: H2CuO2
- Molar mass: 97.561
- CAS Registry Number: Not available
- Appearance: Copper(II) hydroxide, tech. 94%, stab.; Copper(II) hydroxide, tech. 94%, stab.
- Melting point: Not available
- Boiling point: Not available
- Solubility: Not available
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: Check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
Copper(II) hydroxide is the hydroxide of the metal copper with the chemical formula of Cu(OH)2. Copper hydroxide is a pale blue, gelatinous solid. Some forms of copper(II) hydroxide are sold as "stabilized" copper hydroxide, quite likely a mixture of copper(II) carbonate and hydroxide. These are often greener in colour.
Copper(2+) dihydroxide (IUPAC Name); copper hydroxide
Please add any relevant references here.