|The Learn Chemistry wiki is being shut down on September 1st 2017. Learn more|
From Learn Chemistry Wiki
- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: C12H26O6P2S4
- Molar mass: 456.539
- CAS Registry Number: 78-34-2
- Appearance: Viscous, brown, tan, or dark-amber liquid. [insecticide] [Note: Technical product is a mixture of cis- & trans-isomers.]; dark amber viscous liquid
- Melting point: -20 °C
- Boiling point: Not available
- Solubility: Insoluble
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: ChemSpider (IR), also check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
Dioxathion, systematically known as p-dioxane-2,3-diyl ethyl phosphorodithioate, is an organophosphate pesticide. It is used as an insecticide on livestock and as an acaricide on citrus fruits, deciduous fruits and nuts.
dioxation; S,s'-1,4-dioxane-2,3-diyl o,o,o',o'-tetraethyl ester phosphorodithioic acid; S,S'-1,4-Dioxan-2,3-diyl-O,O,O',O'-tetraethylbis(dithiophosphat); S,S'-1,4-Dioxane-2,3-diyl O,O,O',O'-tetraethyl bis(phosphorodithioate)
Please add any relevant references here.