|The Learn Chemistry wiki is being shut down on September 1st 2017. Learn more|
From Learn Chemistry Wiki
- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: C2H4N2S2
- Molar mass: 120.197
- CAS Registry Number: Not available
- Appearance: Dithiooxamide, 98%; Dithiooxamide, 98%; orange to brown crystalline powder
- Melting point: 170 to 300 °C
- Boiling point: 252.06 °C
- Solubility: Water, 369 mg/L (20 deg C)
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: Check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
Dithiooxamide, also known as rubeanic acid is an organic compound. It is the sulfur analog of oxamide. It acts as a chelating agent, e.g. in the detection or determination of copper. It has also been used as a building block in the synthesis of cyclen.
Ethanebis(thioamide) (IUPAC Name); Dithioxamide; Rubeanic acid
Please add any relevant references here.