From Learn Chemistry Wiki
- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: C6H5I
- Molar mass: 204.008
- CAS Registry Number: 591-50-4
- Appearance: Colorless to Light-yellow Liquid; Iodobenzene, 98%; Iodobenzene, 98%
- Melting point: -29 °C
- Boiling point: 188 to 189
- Solubility: Water, 340 mg/L (30 deg C)
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: ChemSpider (IR), NMRShiftDB 13C NMR, Massbank MS (1, 2), also check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
Iodobenzene is an organoiodine compound consisting of a benzene ring substituted with one iodine atom. It is useful as a synthetic intermediate in organic chemistry. It is a volatile colorless liquid, although aged samples appear yellowish.
Iodobenzene (IUPAC Name); Benzene iodide; Iodo-benzene; phenyl iodide; phenyliodonium
Please add any relevant references here.