From Learn Chemistry Wiki
- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: C5H8O2
- Molar mass: 100.116
- CAS Registry Number: 111-30-8
- Appearance: Glutaraldehyde, 50% aq. soln.; Glutaraldehyde, 25% aq. soln.; Glutaraldehyde, 50% aq. soln.; Glutaraldehyde, 25% aq. soln.; Colorless liquid with a pungent odor.; colourless or light yellow liquid with a pungent odour
- Melting point: -6 °C
- Boiling point: 101 °C
- Solubility: Miscible
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: Massbank MS, also check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
Glutaraldehyde is an organic compound with the formula CH2(CH2CHO)2. A pungent colorless oily liquid, glutaraldehyde is used to disinfect medical and dental equipment. It is also used for industrial water treatment and as a preservative. It is mainly available as an aqueous solution, and in these solutions the aldehyde groups are hydrated.
Glutaraldehyde (IUPAC Name); 1,5-Pentanedione; Glutardialdehyde; Glutaric acid dialdehyde; Glutaric aldehyde; glutaric dialdehyde; Gluteraldehyde; Pentane-1,5-dial; pentanedial
Please add any relevant references here.