From Learn Chemistry Wiki
- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: C2H3F3O3S
- Molar mass: 164.104
- CAS Registry Number: Not available
- Appearance: Not available
- Melting point: Not available
- Boiling point: 94 to 99
- Solubility: Not available
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: NMRShiftDB 13C NMR, also check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
Methyl trifluoromethanesulfonate, commonly abbreviated MeOTf, is the organic compound with the formula CF3SO2OCH3. It is a colourless liquid that is a very powerful (and very dangerous) methylating reagent in chemistry.
Methyl trifluoromethanesulfonate (IUPAC Name); Methyl ester 1,1,1-trifluoro-methanesulfonic acid; methyl triflate
Please add any relevant references here.