From Learn Chemistry Wiki
- Main ChemSpider page
- Molecular formula: C2H5NO2
- Molar mass: 75.070
- CAS Registry Number: 79-24-3
- Appearance: Nitroethane, 99%; Nitroethane, 99%; Colorless, oily liquid with a mild, fruity odor.; colourless oily liquid with an unpleasant odour
- Melting point: -90
- Boiling point: 114 °C
- Solubility: 5%
- Safety sheet: Not available
- Spectra: ChemSpider (IR), NMRShiftDB 13C NMR, also check on SDBS. Add Spectra (Help).
Nitroethane is an organic compound having the chemical formula C2H5NO2. Similar in many regards to nitromethane, nitroethane is an oily liquid at standard temperature and pressure. Pure nitroethane is colourless and has a fruity odor.
Nitroethane (IUPAC Name); Nitro-ethane
Please add any relevant references here.