How we can support you
Because they live in your local area, volunteer visitors can be available to you and your family on a regular basis, helping out in a range of different ways.
A volunteer might:
- provide emotional support through a difficult time
- find Royal Society of Chemistry member networks to join or let you know about local section events near you
- help you organise information in preparation for using another Chemists’ Community Fund service
- make sure that you stay up to date with developments in your field of chemistry when your focus needs to be elsewhere
- give you the opportunity to discuss your situation with someone objective.
All volunteer visitors receive training, and we ask them to provide references before they can join our volunteer network. They also receive support and training from the Chemists’ Community Fund throughout their time with us.