Chemistry Education Research and Practice (CERP) is the journal for teachers, researchers and other practitioners at all levels of chemistry education.
It is published free of charge, electronically, four times a year. Coverage includes:
- research, and reviews of research, in chemistry education
- effective practice in the teaching of chemistry
- in depth analyses of issues of direct relevance to chemistry education
The objectives of the journal are threefold:
- To provide researchers with the means to publish their work in full in a journal exclusively dedicated to chemistry education
- To offer teachers of chemistry at all levels a place where they can share effective ideas and methods for the teaching and learning of chemistry
- Most importantly, to bridge the gap between the two groups so that researchers will have their results seen by those who could benefit from using them, and practitioners will gain from encountering the ideas and results of those who have made a particular study of the learning process
Contributions are fully refereed and include reviews, full papers, perspectives, communications and letters.
The recently announced Impact Factor* for Chemistry Education Research and Practice was good news for all those involved. At 0.855, the figure is the highest value for any journal dealing exclusively with chemistry education - a true indication of the quality of the content.
*2011 Journal Citation Reports ® (Thomson Reuters, 2012)
2014 CERP Themed Issue
Call for submissions for themed issue on physical chemistry education
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader