About Food & Function
Food & Function is a monthly peer-reviewed journal which provides a unique venue to publish work at the interface of the chemistry, physics and biology of food.
The journal focuses on food and the functions in relation to health, including:
- The physical properties and structure of food
- The chemistry of food components
- The biochemical and physiological actions
- Nutrition and health aspects of food
Topics covered in the journal include, but are not limited to:
- The chemistry and physics of food digestion processes
- The relationship between the physical properties/structure of food and nutrition and health e.g. nutrient release and uptake
- Molecular properties and physiological effects of food components (novel ingredients, food substitutes, phytochemicals, bioactives, allergens, flavours and fragrances)
- Efficacy and mechanisms of bioactives in the body - including biomarkers
- Effects of food contaminants - including toxicology and metabolism
- Nutrient physiology/metabolism and interactions
- The role of nutrition and diet in disease
Articles relating purely to food analysis will not be published in Food & Function - these can be published in our sister journal, Analytical Methods.
Highly multidisciplinary, the journal brings together different communities working in food related research across academia, industry and government including (but not exhaustive) food scientists, food technologies, food chemists, food physicists, food biochemists, nutritionists, nutritional chemists; as well as analytical scientists, pharmaceutical scientists, material scientists, physical chemists, organic/synthetic chemists and microbiologists.
Food & Function will publish monthly issues containing a full mix of research articles, including Communications, Reviews and Full Papers.
Why Publish with Food & Function?
RSC journals are renowned for their high quality, rapid publication and innovative technology. Food & Function is included in ISI and MEDLINE giving maximum visibility to your work. In addition authors can expect:
- Free use of colour where it enhances the article
- Rigorous peer review by experts in the field
- Simple and effective online submission process
- No page charges
- Free electronic reprints (pdf) of own paper
- Electronic supplementary information
- Free e-mail alerting and RSS news feeds service
- Additional publishing options via RSC Open Science
Initial assessment of submissions, plus journal-by-journal guidelines detailing general policy issues, types of article published in each journal and other relevant information.
Information pages and resources for journal authors
Sign up to newsletters and TOC alerts and keep up to date with the latest news from RSC Publishing including journals and books.
Submit your work today
Submit your work to Food & Function
External links will open in a new browser window