A high impact peer reviewed journal publishing experimental and theoretical work across the breadth of nanoscience and nanotechnology
Nanoscale is a collaborative venture between RSC Publishing and a leading nanoscience research centre, the National Center for Nanoscience and Technology (NCNST) in Beijing, China.
The journal publishes fortnightly issues, complementing and building on the nano content already published across the RSC Publishing journal portfolio.
Since its launch in late 2009, Nanoscale has quickly established itself as a platform for high-quality community-spanning research which bridges the various disciplines involved with nanoscience and nanotechnology, publishing important research from leading international research groups.
The current Impact Factor for Nanoscale is 6.23.
All submissions are handled by our high-profile Editors:
- Chunli Bai, Director of NCNST and President of CAS
- Serena Corr, University of Glasgow, UK
- Dirk Guldi, Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen-Nuremburg, Germany
- Rongchao Jin, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Yamuna Krishnan (NCBS, Bangalore)
- Jie Liu, Duke University, USA
- Wei Lu, University of Michigan, USA
- Francesco Stellacci, EPFL, Switzerland
- Shouheng Sun, Brown University, USA
- Jianfang Wang, Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
- Xiao Cheng Zeng, University of Nebraska, USA
Topics covered in the journal include, but are not limited to:
- Synthesis of nanostructured and nanoscale materials
- Characterisation of functional nanoscale materials and bio-assemblies
- Properties of nanoscale materials
- Self-assembly and molecular organisation
- Complex hybrid nanostructures
- Nanocomposites, nanoparticles, nanocrystalline materials, and nanoclusters
- Nanotubes, molecular nanowires and nanocrystals
- Molecular nanoscience
- Theoretical modelling
- Nanoelectronics and molecular electronics
- Nanochips, nanosensors, nanofluidics and nanofabrication
- Carbon-based nanoscale materials and devices
- Biomimetic materials
- Regulatory approaches and risk assessment
The readership is cross-disciplinary and includes scientists, researchers and professionals in academia and industry interested in nanoscience and nanotechnology, including (but not limited to) the areas of physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, materials, energy/environment, information technology, detection science, healthcare and drug discovery, and electronics.
The journal publishes a full mix of primary research papers, communications, Opinions and three different types of reviews - Review Articles, Feature Articles and Minireviews.
Free access to all Nanoscale issues has now run out - if your institution doesn't yet have a subscription you can complete the recommendation form to email to your librarian (see link below).
Complete this form to recommend our products to your librarian
All manuscripts submitted to Nanoscale will be handled by our Regional Editorial Offices
Journal Citation Report (JCR) Notices
Further information about Nanoscale's impact factor
External links will open in a new browser window