The Energy Sector is one of the RSC's many Interest Groups. The Interest Groups are member driven groups which exist to benefit RSC members, and the wider chemical science community, in line with the RSC's strategy and charter.
The mission of the Energy Sector is to provide a forum for members to access knowledge and express views on chemical, legislative, educational and other matters relating to energy and to promote the interests, both within the RSC and externally, of the members.
- To support the professional interests of members.
- To provide information and advice to educators and others.
- To interact with and to encourage interaction between other RSC groups and external professional bodies.
- To assist in the promotion of links between academic and research organisations and energy related industries.
- To act as the focal point for well-based, critical and knowledgeable discussion on the chemistry involved in energy related science and industry.
- Organising scientific meetings and, where appropriate, publishing proceedings.
- Organising an early career researchers meeting to provide the opportunity for younger members working and researching in the energy sector to present their work to the community.
- Production of a newsletter to keep members informed on the activities of the group and other relevant information.
We also have an online community, which is based on MyRSC, for anyone who shares our interests.
MyRSC Energy Sector group
You will be required to register for MyRSC, then you can sign up to become a member of this group
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader
We are always looking for new members who are keen to get involved and to help organise our activities. If you would like to find out more, please contact the Secretary.
This is an interest group award administered by the Energy Sector.
Join this Interest Group
If you are a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry and would like to join an Interest Group, please contact Membership Department using the email link below with:
- your name
- your membership number
- state the name of the group you wish to join
Contact and Further Information
Dr Matt Carnie CChem MRSC
Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WF
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 432 141