Industry and Technology Division Council
Welcome to the Industry and Technology Division. With almost 60% of its employed members in industry and commerce, the Royal Society of Chemistry and its industry team based at Thomas Graham House are working hard to engage all sectors of the chemistry using industries in the UK and abroad.
The ITD operates centrally through a small Council and relies on input from 15 RSC specialist Subject Groups and Sectors, which all have an industrial focus.
The principal aims of the Council are to:
- Promote the application of chemical sciences across industry and commerce
- Influence and work with Government and its agencies, to promote the application of the skills of chemical scientists in industry
- Facilitate effective links between industry and academia to promote technology transfer and innovation
- Build links with relevant external organisations to ensure effective communication and networking across disciplines
- Work closely and network with relevant Interest Groups within the RSC to ensure coherence in our activities and effective communication with RSC members
- Advise the RSC on new developments, key policy issues and key areas for new initiatives in industry and commerce
- Focus on meeting the training needs of chemical scientists working in industry or working to acquire the skills to do so
- Set, drive and implement strategic initiatives for those working in the chemical and related industries in line with the overall RSC strategy.
Biographies of Council members
Contact and Further Information
Dr Aurora Antemir
Industry Programme Manager
Royal Society of Chemistry, Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WF
Tel: +44 (0)1223 432162