Molten Salts and Ionic Liquids Discussion Group
The Molten Salts and Ionic Liquids Discussion Group (MSILDG) is one of the RSC's many Interest Groups. The Interest Groups are member driven groups which exist to benefit RSC members, and the wider chemical science community, in line with the RSC's strategy and charter.
- To be the focal point for RSC members with an interest in the field of ionic liquids, at high and room temperature.
- To provide a network of experienced scientists to offer professional advice to other members.
- To actively encourages younger scientists working in the field of high and low temperature molten salt chemistry.
In 2013 the MSDG celebrated its 50th anniversary.
The Group holds two meetings every year, one in the summer and one just before Christmas.
These meetings cover a wide range of non-aqueous chemistries including:
- inorganic and organic molten salt chemistry;
- properties and applications of ionic liquids;
- glass chemistry;
- molten and solid electrolyte fuel cell technologies;
- battery applications;
- inorganic gas phase chemistry;
- metal refining;
- thermodynamics and chemical modelling.
- Reduced registration fees for all MSDG Conferences.
- Student bursaries to attend other molten salt related meetings in the UK and abroad.
CommunityWe also have an online community, which is based on MyRSC, for anyone who shares our interests.
Get InvolvedWe are always looking for new members who are keen to get involved and to help organise our activities. If you would like to find out more please contact the Secretary.
Join this Interest Group
If you are a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry and would like to join an Interest Group, please contact Membership Department using the email link below with:
- your name
- your membership number
- state the name of the group you wish to join
Molten Salts and Ionic Liquids Discussion Group website
Visit the MSILDG website for more information about the Group's activities
MyRSC Molten Salts and ionic Liquids Discussion Group
You will be required to register for MyRSC, then you can sign up to become a member of this group
External links will open in a new browser window
Contact and Further Information
Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WF
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 432 141