The Radiochemistry Group is one of the RSC's many Interest Groups. The Interest Groups are member driven groups which exist to benefit RSC members, and the wider chemical science community, in line with the RSC's strategy and charter.
- To promote, educate, practice and collaborate in the chemistry of radioisotopes.
- Encourage, assist and extend the knowledge and study of radiochemistry.
- Provide an opportunity for members of the Group to increase their knowledge and to enhance their professional capacity by, for example holding meetings.
- Support networking, the exchange and dissemination of information.
- Assist in the public understanding of the social, educational and economic importance of radiochemistry.
The Radiochemistry Group supports all areas of chemistry involving the use of radioisotopes including:
- Medical/Pharmaceutical uses of isotopes in imaging and therapy.
- Understanding the behaviour and transport of natural and anthropogenic radionuclides in the environment and application of radionuclides as tracers of natural phenomena.
- Understanding (studying) the coordination chemistry of the radioactive elements.
- The production, standardisation and use of radioactive isotopes.
- Analytical measurement and application of radioisotopes.
- Regulating handling and disposal of radioisotopes.
- Waste management and remediation of land contaminated by radioactivity.
- The use of radionuclides in nuclear energy production.
- Safeguards in the non-proliferation of nuclear materials.
CommunityWe also have an online community, which is based on MyRSC, for anyone who shares our interests.
Get InvolvedWe are always looking for new members who are keen to get involved and to help organise our activities. If you would like to find out more please contact the Secretary.
Join this Interest Group
If you are a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry and would like to join an Interest Group, please contact Membership Department using the email link below with:
- your name
- your membership number
- state the name of the group you wish to join
Report on the 13th International Symposium on Nuclear and Environmental Radiochemical Analysis (ERA18)
Download the full report
Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Radiochemistry Group (2016)
Download the programme
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader
MyRSC Radiochemistry Group
This group is open to anyone with an interest in radiochemistry. You will be required to register for MyRSC, then you can sign up to become a member of this group
EuCheMS Division on Nuclear and Radiochemistry
Promotes co-operation in Europe between non-profit-making scientific and technical societies in the field of chemistry.
External links will open in a new browser window
Contact and Further Information
Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WF
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 432 141