We are reviewing our Research Fund in light of COVID-19 and are unable to accept applications currently. We will provide further information on this page as soon as we can.
Apply to the Royal Society of Chemistry's Research Fund for grants of up to £4000 to purchase chemicals and/or equipment for your research project.
The Research Fund enables high quality research that cannot be funded through mainstream sources of funding. We fund those undertaking their own research and have identified as priority groups those working in less well-funded institutes, those in developing countries and early career researchers.
The Fund is available to our members at Universities, colleges or research institutes conducting their own independent research.
Applications are assessed by the Research Fund Working Group, which includes:
- Professor Andy Cammidge, University of East Anglia (chair)
- Professor Sandie Dann, Loughborough University
- Dr Steve Lancaster, Domino Printing
- Dr David Megson, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Dr Robert Evans, Aston University
- Dr Sianne Schwikkard, Kingston University London
- Dr Sanjit Nayak, University of Bradford
- Dr Anna Peacock, University of Birmingham (stand in for round 1: Dr Megan Wright, University of Leeds)
- Dr Ruth Webster, University of Bath
Research Fund criteria
The latest terms of application to the Research Fund.
Research Fund FAQ
Research Fund scientific referee form
Please use this template to complete your scientific reference.
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader
Submit your application
Log in or register to create an application
Funding opportunities available from the Royal Society of Chemistry and elsewhere.
Find out more about us and our members
Contact and Further Information
Royal Society of Chemistry, Thomas Graham House, Milton Road, Science Park, Cambridge CB4 0WF, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1223 432453
Fax: +44 (0)1223 423623