Round 1 of the Research Fund is now closed for applications. Decisions will be communicated by end of August.
Round 2 will open on 2 September and close at 2 pm BST 7 October. Decisions will be communicated by the end of December.
Members may only apply to one of these rounds.
Apply to the Royal Society of Chemistry's Research Fund for grants of up to £4000 to purchase chemicals and/or equipment for your research project.
The Research Fund enables research with high scientific or societal impact that cannot be funded through mainstream sources of funding. We have identified as priority groups those working in less well-funded institutes, those in developing countries and early career researchers.
The Fund is available to our members at Universities, colleges or research institutes conducting their own research.
Applications are assessed by the Research Fund Working Group, which includes:
- Professor Andy Cammidge, University of East Anglia (chair)
- Professor Sandie Dann, Loughborough University
- Dr Steve Lancaster, Domino Printing
- Dr David Megson, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Dr Robert Evans, Aston University
- Dr Sianne Schwikkard, Kingston University London
- Dr Sanjit Nayak, University of Bradford
- Dr Anna Peacock, University of Birmingham (stand in for round 1: Dr Megan Wright, University of Leeds)
- Dr Ruth Webster, University of Bath
Research Fund criteria
The latest terms of application to the Research Fund.
Research Fund FAQ
Research Fund scientific referee form
Please use this template to complete your scientific reference.
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader
Submit your application
Research Fund & Undergraduate Research Bursary
Log in or register to create an application
Funding opportunities available from the Royal Society of Chemistry and elsewhere.
Find out more about us and our members
Contact and Further Information
Royal Society of Chemistry, Thomas Graham House, Milton Road, Science Park, Cambridge CB4 0WF, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1223 432453
Fax: +44 (0)1223 423623