Welcome to the JESEI web site
- Bring your Earth science teaching to life.
- Highlight the relevance and interest of Earth science
to your pupils.
- Try our hands on, interactive practical activities.
- Build up your own background knowledge.
- This is the way forward for you!
- Click here (or use the contents link
above) to proceed.
You may have had no Earth science teaching in your own
background, so how can you be expected to teach it well and with enthusiasm?
Realising this, the Joint Earth Science Education
Initiative (JESEI) was instigated with you in mind. By collaboration between
the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), the Institute of Biology (IoB), the
Institute of Physics and the Earth Science Teachers Association (ESTA),
we have prepared materials to help you chemistry, biology and physics
specialists with their teaching of Earth science.
JESEI is supported by the Royal Society, the Association
for Science Education (ASE), the Geological Society and the UK Offshore
Operators Association (UKOOA) to whom we are most grateful.
We hope that these new approaches will revitalise your
Earth science teaching and give new dimensions to your own teaching of science.