Who grants are available for:
- for chemists working, or normally working, in the chemical sciences
- for chemical science apprentices & post-18 students (including PhD students)
To be eligible:
- Your personal financial situation must have been negatively impacted by Covid-19
- You need to based in the UK or Republic of Ireland
- You must be a chemist or studying chemistry*
- Your current monthly income must be below £975 per calendar month after rent or mortgage costs, including student finance support e.g. student loans
- You must have less than £20,000 in savings
- You should have explored your eligibility for state benefits, and subsequently applied for these if eligible
*A chemist is defined as:
A person who works in the chemical sciences and would in principle qualify for one of our RSC professional membership categories e.g. has a degree level qualification in the chemical sciences or equivalent. This includes those on a career break from the chemical sciences, and those trained in the chemical sciences planning to re-enter the profession.
Eligibility for those studying chemistry includes apprenticeships in chemistry or post-18 chemistry education, who would meet the standard of one of our RSC professional membership categories (see Associate Member regulations for example requirements for professional membership).
For any further information regarding this grant please contact us.