Who can apply?
In order to be eligible, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You are an RSC member (AMRSC or higher) at the time of application. Please note that it is not sufficient to have only applied for membership – you must have already been admitted. Membership applications can take up to 2 months to process and approve. If you have any questions, please contact our Membership team.
- You hold an independent research post for the duration of your project proposal.
- You are based at a higher education institution or research institute in the UK or Republic of Ireland at the time of application and of the award.
- You must not be currently holding another active Research Enablement Grant.
- Current Research Fund holders may not apply for a Research Enablement Grant to support the same project. If, as a Research Fund holder, you apply to the Research Enablement Grant for a different project, reviewers will consider the application in the context of your current Research Fund grant.
- Applications are limited to two per department and require support from your Head of Department.
Please ensure you read our terms & conditions fully before you begin your application. Our Frequently Asked Questions document also provides further details about eligibility and the application process.
Scientific referees can download the scientific referee form here.
Institutions are encouraged to allow the maximum number of applicants they can over a 12-month period. If an unsuccessful applicant from the previous round wishes to apply again, their new application should be substantially different than the previous one.