Having Problems Logging-in?
Occasionally, we get enquiries from members who are having difficulties accessing certain sections of the RSC website; here is a short guide to steps you can take to overcome these problems:
Things to bear in mind
- There isn't one main log-in page on the RSC website, you will be asked to log-in whenever you come across any Members-only resource. However, depending on your computer's settings, once you have logged in, you should not be asked to log-in again that session.
- Usernames and passwords are set by default as follows: Your username is your 6-digit RSC Members' number; your password is your date of birth in yyyymmdd format. You do have the ability to change either of these so if you have forgotten them, please contact the Membership Department or the RSC Library.
- Reboot your computer
- In Internet Explorer, go to 'Tools', 'Internet Options'
- Delete all cookies
- Delete all temporary files
- Click the 'Privacy' tab, and the 'Advanced' button
- Adjust your settings as shown in the image
As the RSCPublishing section of the website is open to everyone, including non-members, it requires a different set of access details. Each user must register for their own personal account.
Access to Elsevier/ScienceDirect is set-up for each user on an annual basis (January to December). As we go through a third party to provide this service, each user must first e-mail the library requesting access, the library will then set this up and Elsevier/ScienceDirect will contact you with your access details.
Still Having Problems?
Contact the Membership Department on +44 (0) 1223 432 141 or the Library on +44 (0) 20 7440 3373
Also of interest
Passwords expired at the end of December 2013, contact us if you wish to renew or apply for a new password for access in 2014.
Online services for RSC members
We are one of the world's leading scientific publishers, offering an exceptional range of peer-reviewed journals, magazines, books, databases and publishing services
RSC members can access premium chemical science full text e-books, journals and databases remotely for free.
Contact and Further Information
Library and Information Centre
Royal Society of Chemistry, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London W1J 0BA
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7440 3373