Chemical Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
The Chemical Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Group (CNN) is one of the RSC's many Interest Groups. The Interest Groups are member driven groups which exist to benefit RSC members, and the wider chemical science community, in line with the RSC's strategy and charter.
The evolution of chemical nanotechnology has brought chemists working in close collaboration with other scientific and engineering disciplines, physics and biochemistry, as well as with materials scientists and industrialists. In order for this area of chemistry to progress rapidly it is crucial that these diverse specialists understand the requirements of each other and work together efficiently.
The scope of the group includes:
- The fabrication and utilisation of:
- novel nanostructured materials.
- novel nanoparticle materials including metal, oxide and other inorganic systems.
- carbon and inorganic nanotubes and fullerenes and their utilisation in technological processes.
- novel nanostructures using bottom-up self-assembly processes.
- novel nanostructured surfaces,
- novel quantum dots in technological processes.
- novel biologically relevant nanostructures.
- The development of top-down lithographic processes and materials to fabricate nanostructured surfaces.
- The integration of bottom-up self-assembly processes with top-down lithographic processes to create three dimensional functioning and adaptive nanostructures.
- Investigation of the property-size relationship at the nanoscale.
- Health, safety and environmental implications of chemical nanoscience and nanotechnology.
We are always looking for new members who are keen to get involved and to help organise our activities. If you would like to find out more please contact the Secretary.
Join this Interest Group
If you are a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry and would like to join an Interest Group, please contact Membership Department using the email link below with:
- your name
- your membership number
- state the name of the group you wish to join
Annual Report 2017 - Chemical Nanosciences and Nanotechnology Group
Download the full report
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader
Contact and Further Information
Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WF
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 432 141